< BACK TO ALL RECIPES
Spicy Jerk Pork with Strawberry Mango Salsa
Source: The Shed Barbeque and Blues Joint™
What You’ll Need
1 Prairie Fresh® pork tenderloin
2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
3 tablespoons butter
2 ripe mangos, diced
1 cup strawberries, diced
2 tablespoons red onions, finely diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon allspice
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- To prepare strawberry-mango salsa, combine mango, strawberries, juice of 2 limes, diced red onion, cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- To prepare spicy jerk rub, combine and mix remaining 14 spices.
- Coat pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons oil.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon rub. With remaining rub, coat tenderloin heavily on all sides, creating a thick coat.
- Grill or roast pork tenderloin over medium high heat until internal temperature reaches approximately 140-145 F.
- Combine 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1 tablespoon rub, spoon over pork tenderloin midway through cooking process or about 20 minutes into cooking.
- Remove pork tenderloin from heat and let rest 10 to 12 minutes. Internal temperature should increase to approximately 150-155 degrees during resting period.
- Slice pork tenderloin and top with prepared strawberry mango salsa.